March 13, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

A lot has been going on in the world of Sisterly Charms lately!! Amy has been busily crafting away for her debut in a tack and feed store down south with her western line! If you haven't checked out our Facebook lately, be sure to head on over Here and see all the amazing things she has made, she is quite talented that one :) I moved from good ol' Show Low to Mesa and am starting a new job! I couldn't be more excited to finally start my career in the medical field, no worries though I still have that major urge to craft especially now that I have an entire house to decorate! I'll just need to keep in mind that I can't keep everything!

Anyways, enough updating we are here for the food right?! So those of you who live in Mesa, Gilbert and surrounding areas are probably aware of this TERRIFIC place where you get great sweet pulled pork.....any guesses? For those of you who don't or have never been, this place is a really great Fresh Mexican Grill that has great deals on Taco Tuesday and seriously their Tacos and Pork Salads are aaaaamazing.

Well I was introduced to this great place by none other than Ruth Hatch. I remember every time she would come down, we always went and ate here and boy am I glad! Given recent and upcoming events, I figured what better way to honor this great lady than by featuring a recipe of one of her favorites....Cafe Rio Sweet Pulled Pork! This recipe is super easy, slow cooker so who doesn't love that, and makes great tacos, burritos, or even on a salad.


Before I write out the recipe, a shout out is in order to Six Sisters Stuff because while surfing their site for recipes, I stumbled across this one! They also have a great recipe for the rice you can get at Cafe Rio that has the great lime flavor a fresh cilantro yummmm yummm.



Here's What You'll Need:
3 lb. pork roast (shoulder, butt, or loin roast all work great- I have used them all)
16 oz. chunky salsa
1 can Dr. Pepper or Coke (NOT Diet)
2 c. brown sugar
Simple Right?! Just Wait the directions are even better......
Put Pork Roast in crock pot and fill about half way with water, then cook for 4 hours on HIGH. Drain your water, cut pork into three sections and replace in crock pot. Mix together soda, brown sugar, and salsa and add to the crock pot. Cook for 4 more hours on LOW. Then drain your liquid, keeping sure to save some to add to the pork so that it is moist, and shred.
Whala! Easy Peasy. Now just decide how you want to use it and enjoy this deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment